Challenges for schools
challenges for schools
Overseas educational trips can be a memorable and inspiring way for students to learn outside the classroom. If you’re looking to arrange a trip for your schools, colleges or educational institution, we can help you discover a trip to suit the students capabilities!
Whether you know exactly what you want and just need us to organise it, or you need ideas, we can help you put together a variety of great challenges for schools. We have great links with projects worldwide or if you already have connections with other international schools or projects, we can help with all the travel logistics.
You have complete control over the itinerary and can choose the destination, duration, activities involved, type of accommodation and even how many meals are included. We will of course offer our expert guidance on the best options available to you, but ultimately we can tailor a trip to what you need!
Sign up to our Schools e-newsletter and find out more below!
As a LOtC Quality Badge holder it means that we have passed a robust assessment designed to ensure we are meeting schools’ learning and risk management needs, no matter the activities we offer.
The Department for Education guidance on Health & Safety on educational visits recommends that schools look for the LOtC Quality Badge when choosing external providers of educational visits so we are proud to be among the approved providers.
Alongside this accreditation we have been independently assessed and approved for our conformity to British Standard 8848 which is for adventurous activities outside the United Kingdom.
Working with us, you can rest assured that health and safety is our number one priority.
We currently work with several schools/educational establishments and each trip we do is bespoke to them. We can offer any trip you like, tailored to your requirements, to virtually any overseas destination!
One of the things which makes The Different Travel Company different is the fact that we are able to arrange for your trip to include some time assisting at or visiting a project in the destination country (if this is of interest). We like to link these projects with the aims of the group in question. For example, if you are a health and social care teacher looking for a school trip for your students, we could link you with some of our fantastic projects in India.
Of course, there is no requirement to include a project element so just get in touch and we can put together a trip for you that suits your time frame, departure dates, budget and itinerary. We offer competitive prices which are flexible depending on your requirements.
You only need to recruit 10 students for the trip to go ahead.
As much as you like! The more details you provide, the quicker we can help create the perfect itinerary for you! Things to consider include:
- Your concept/idea/theme
- Your chosen destination
- Month of departure
- Would you like a project?
- Would you like any physical activities? If you do, how challenging?
- What is the group demographic (e.g. age/gender)?
- Are there any specific learning objectives?
- Have you done an overseas trip before?
- If yes, where and was it successful?
Helping with a project is a great way to interact with the local community and learn the culture and customs of the people as well as making a difference to the lives of others. Getting involved at a project allows participants to see first hand the difference that can be made if people work together. And it’s a chance to give a little something back to the communities who welcome us so warmly. We only work with projects where there is genuine benefit to the local community.
Project work is also an opportunity to help a group bond and work towards a common goal and it can be linked back to any existing learning objectives.
If you, or your school/college has a link with a project or school overseas this can often be the ideal place to start. If not and you would like to include a project element, we have links with many local charities and NGOs throughout the world.
The projects we offer vary from country to country. They might include helping with local construction; refurbishment of a school, library or home for elderly people; teaching English to orphaned children; sharing skills with isolated communities; conservation or rehabilitation of endangered wild animals; or planting an organic vegetable garden. Get in touch for specific ideas in your chosen destination.
All our pricing varies depending on the destination and the elements you would like to include in the itinerary. Our pricing is competitive and on a sliding scale from a minimum of only 10 participants depending upon the tour.
For a no-obligation quote please contact us with your ideas on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We don’t levy any charges or fees to provide you with a quote for a bespoke trip or when you confirm a trip with us. We offer you the best price we can for the trip you want on a sliding scale from 10+ participants.
By not charging you any fees to work with us, we have an added incentive to make the trip work because if the trip is a success for you it is also a success for us!
There are plenty of companies which offer educational overseas trips and adventure travel, and you may have even worked or travelled with them in previous years. So what would be the benefit to you of arranging a trip with The Different Travel Company? Well, we believe there are several advantages:
- We are a small, dedicated and flexible company which offer a personal service and excellent support to our participants and partners.
- As an ATOL-bonded tour operator, you know you can trust our organisation and you are ATOL-protected abroad.
- We offer a range of support services for your trip including an information evening, making the trip as easy to organise as possible. We aim to help you to make the trip a success for you, for us, and for the local community.
- You will also have a dedicated account manager so you know who to turn to for advice and help with your trip.
- We are in the midst of qualifying for our LoTC Quality Badge which is a mark of a good external provider for educational trips.
- We adhere to strict health and safety guidelines including risk assessments for all our trips and we work with schools to ensure our working practices meets the needs of the school.
- We have our own child protection policy as well as codes of conduct for everyone involved on an educational trip.
- All our staff are experienced travellers and have a passion for overseas adventures.
- Having the unique opportunity to help at community and environmental projects as well as physical activities and challenges (if required).
- We offer advice on how to make your trip carbon neutral, which makes them ethical and sustainable.
- Where possible, we work with smaller local agents in our destinations to support local businesses and often use the same expert local guides year on year who have lots of experience with our groups.
- As well as being led by expert local guides, each trip is accompanied by a UK Different Travel Tour Manager who will ensure the trip operates as smoothly as possible.
- We offer a free place/places for school representatives/teachers in our trip costs.
- The trip is completely tailored for your group. You choose when, where, how long and what’s included.
- We offer you a range of support information as well as an information evening and a pre-departure presentation to help you recruit students and support them and their parents.
- There is no financial risk. Contact us for a no-obligation quote and there will be no costs incurred until you have confirmed your group and have met the minimum numbers to operate.
This is entirely up to you! Whether or not you ask your students to raise money for charity as part of funding for their trip is down to your discretion and your requirements. If you decide that you would like to fundraise we can certainly offer you guidance and provide you with tips and ideas. However, there is no obligation for this and we operate a range of trips for schools who also wish to offer an educational experience overseas only.
We offer a very flexible support package to meet your needs and the needs of your school/college. At the very least we will provide you with print-ready information documents such as information packs and trip copy for permission letters if required.
In addition we provide information evenings where we give an informative presentation about the experience to students/parents. We also provide a pre-departure meeting which goes into detail about the trip, what to expect, what to pack and a general feel for the experience with your confirmed group. As we are a small flexible company, if there is anything you would like us to provide which we haven’t offered, we are open to suggestions and always willing to do our best to accommodate your requests.
Our school challenges can include all aspects of the tour from flights and accommodation to permits and guides. We offer a full pre-departure package which includes specialist advice on what participants need to take on the trip, advice on insurance and how to make the trip carbon neutral. As a licensed ATOL-bonded travel tour operator, you can rest assured that when you work with us, you’re protected too.
Hopefully you can find the answers to all your questions on our website, but if you think we’ve missed anything or you’re ready to get started on your trip, please contact us now!
Rest assured we will support you every step of the way. The usual process is:
- Contact us to discuss your ideas and we’ll get back to you with a quote.
- Once we’ve agreed on an itinerary, dates and costs, you confirm you would like to offer this to your students.
- We sign a letter of confirmation which outlines the above and our commitment to work together (financially risk free!).
- We produce any support materials required and help you decide on a minimum sponsorship for the trip (if fundraising).
- You send information out to your students/parents.
- Bookings come in with the registration fee. Fundraising from each participant should begin with your assistance (if relevant).
- Once the minimum number of bookings is achieved (we only require a minimum of 10 participants), we invoice you for the group deposit. At this stage flights are held and you continue to recruit additional participants.
- You will be sent trip information documents at various points leading up to your departure. Flight e-tickets will be sent approx. 2 weeks before departure.
- Your students depart for the trip of a lifetime!