Challenges for private groups
If you’d like to arrange a private trip for a group of friends, family members, walking group or organisation we’ll help you turn those ideas into an itinerary. Whether you know exactly what you want and just need us to organise it, or if need some ideas, we can help you put something together. Our challenges for private groups are totally flexible so you choose the destination, duration, activities (e.g. trekking, community project, cycling, sightseeing etc.), standard of accommodation and even how many meals are included. We will of course offer our expert guidance on the best options available, but ultimately it’s your trip so you decide what to do!
For private groups, we would ensure your trip is bespoke and tailored to what you want, as such we can offer any trip you like to virtually any overseas destination!
One of the things which makes The Different Travel Company different is the fact that we are able to arrange for your trip or charity challenge to include some time assisting at or visiting a project in the destination country (if this is of interest). We like to link these projects with the aims of a particular charity, company or group of individuals. For example, if you are a group of friends who always fancied a trip to India, we can arrange a trek itinerary for you, then link you with some of our fantastic projects in India. Of course, there is no requirement to include a project element so just get in touch and we can put together a trip for you that suits your time frame, departure dates, budget and itinerary. We offer competitive prices which are flexible depending on your requirements.
Normally for our bespoke challenges a minimum of 10 participants is required, however if you have a set number in your group then we’d certainly be flexible and discuss the best solution for you and your group.
It’s your trip so as much as you like! The more details you provide, the quicker we can help create the perfect itinerary for you! Things to consider include:
- Your concept/idea/theme
- Your chosen destination
- Month of departure
- How challenging?
- Would you like a project?
- What is the group demographic (e.g. age/gender)?
- Have you done an overseas trip before?
- The preferences of your group as a whole and the purpose of your trip, e.g. for an occasion, for charity or just a holiday with a difference?
Helping with a project is a great way to interact with the local community and learn the culture and customs of the people as well as making a difference to the lives of others. Getting involved at a project allows participants to see first hand the difference that can be made if people work together. And it’s a chance to give a little something back to the communities who welcome us so warmly.
Another benefit for your group is where in certain destinations a team are taking on an extreme challenge, it allows the opportunity for rest or acclimatisation prior to the physical challenge or a chance to unwind if the project takes place after their challenge.
If you would like to include a project element, we have links with many local charities and NGOs throughout the world and can usually find one to suit your interests or requirements.
Our pricing is competitive and varies depending on the destination and the elements you would like to include in the itinerary. If you had a specific budget in mind, let us know and we can certainly let you know what trip you can have within your budget.
We don’t levy any charges or fees to provide you with a quote for a bespoke trip or when you confirm a trip and we will always offer you the best price we can for the trip you want. By not charging you any fees to work with us, we have an added incentive to make the trip work because if the trip is a success for you it is also a success for us!
For a no-obligation quote please contact us with your request on firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are plenty of companies which offer adventure travel trips and charity events for private groups, and you may have even travelled with them in previous years. So what would be the benefit to you of arranging a trip with The Different Travel Company? Well, we believe there are several advantages:
- We are a small, dedicated and flexible company which offer a personal service and excellent support to our participants and partners.
- As an ATOL-bonded tour operator, you know you can trust our organisation and you are ATOL-protected abroad.
- All our staff are experienced travellers and have a passion for overseas adventures.
- Having the unique opportunity to help at community and environmental projects as well as taking on a physical challenge (see above for reasons why this is a great advantage).
- We offer advice on how to make your trip carbon neutral, which makes them ethical and sustainable.
- Where possible, we work with smaller local agents in our destinations to support local businesses and often use the same expert local guides year on year who have lots of experience with our groups.
- As well as being led by an expert local guide, each trip is accompanied by a UK Different Travel Tour Manager who will ensure the trip operates as smoothly as possible (this is optional if you prefer just to travel with your friends or family).
- You will also have a dedicated account manager so you know who to turn to for advice and help with your trip.
Rest assured we will support you every step of the way and we pride ourselves on our personal service. We can even provide a pre-departure meeting which goes into detail about the trip, what to expect, what to pack and a general feel for the experience with your group. And whilst you’re on your trip, you will be accompanied by expert English speaking local guides and 24 hour assistance will always be to hand.
As we are a small flexible company, if there is anything you would like us to provide which we haven’t offered, we are open to suggestions and always willing to do our best to accommodate your requests.
Our private challenges can include all aspects of the tour from flights and accommodation to permits and guides. We offer a full pre-departure package which includes specialist advice on what participants need to take on the trip, advice on insurance and how to make the trip carbon neutral. We can also offer post-trip extension options if any of your group wish to extend their trip. As a licensed ATOL-bonded travel tour operator, you can rest assured that when you work with us, you’re protected too.
Hopefully you can find the answers to all your questions on our website, but if you think we’ve missed anything or you’re ready to get started on your trip, please contact us now!
- Contact us to discuss your ideas and we’ll get back to you with a quote.
- Once you’ve agreed on an itinerary, dates and costs, you confirm you would like to offer this to your group.
- We sign a letter of confirmation which outlines the above and our commitment to work together (financially risk free!).
- You and your group members confirm your places by completing our registration form and medical declaration along with registration fees.
- Once a form and deposit is received we will send out a confirmation of receipt along with a trip dossier, discount voucher and training guide.
- When the minimum group size has been reached we will arrange any flights seats which need to be held.
- You will be sent trip information documents at various points leading up to your departure including information about your international flight (if relevant), visa requirements, suggested kit list etc as well as some useful hints and tips on how to get started with your training. If you have decided on a physical challenge such as mountain trekking, we strongly recommend you begin your training at least 6 months prior to the date of departure of any trip.
- Your final documents including your flight e-tickets (if relevant) will be sent to you approx. 2 weeks before the date of departure, by which time, you’ll no doubt be raring to go!
- You and your group depart for the trip of a lifetime!